So, Bike and Build begins!
At orientation, I met all my sweet and hardcore biking buddies, took a beautifully coastal "shakedown ride", and chilled with the awesome and generous people of St. Anthony's church. Today was our first official ride - Revere to Andover MA. We started off with a little ceremony at the Atlantic Ocean, dipping our rear tires in the water before we got in the road. We had a little existential moment when we realized we would be literally be riding in the same direction (roughly) until we can bike no further...
The daily route was not too lengthy in terms of miles (23), and not too hilly, although the first part was tricky, with much starting and stopping for traffic signals, had its moments. We did manage to take some wrong turns, but we arrived in time for a quick jaunt to town looking for bike stuff, as well as a glorious (although hard to find) pond swim.
I am so excited about this whole trip, and happy to be headed away from the first big city - I have decided city biking is definitely inferior to its rural counterpart. Tomorrow we have our first build day, and I think it will be a lot of fun to hammer, paint, and work on my weird tan lines with everyone.
ttc: 22i
CHARLOTTE'S CYCLING DIARY
From Boston to Santa Barbara. On a bike.
From Boston to Santa Barbara. On a bike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go Andover! Where are you staying? I'll actually be around town and Phillips Academy tomorrow, ya know, if you are still there.
Hey Charlotte - Congratulations on getting started with the trip!!! We're all looking forward to your posts from across the country - Anna and Elizabeth are looking forward to the pictures! Have a blast.
Hey I just found out about this stuff called Anti Monkey Butt Powder! It sounds like interesting stuff... so I was just wondering if your She Beasts have some extra company :)
Post a Comment